Sunday 10 June 2012

Uniqlo @ Bugis+

Hey guys!

GSS is ongoing now! Be sure to head down to town and grab some of those great deals. I’ve splurged on some apparel in preparation for next term and boy is my heart aching. But still, it’s not too bad if you get them on a sale, right?

I was looking for some cheap clothes at bugis street the other day when I noticed that Illuma was gone! Ah, not “gone” per se, but rather it’s renovated and goes by this new name:  Bugis + 









Bugis + is currently under the management of CapitaMalls Asia Limited.








Uniqlo had the grand opening of their largest store on 8 June 10am.
This will be their 7th outlet in Singapore and the first one to be located on street-level, no less! This store has double stories and spans an area of 20,000 square feet.



I LOVE UNIQLO! They have clothes for all ages, ranging from kids to teens to adults. They have awfully cute tees with those cartoon characters that I absolutely adore to bits. Not forgetting timeless basics and fitting bottoms! Oh oh and they have bedroom slippers, innerwear and the likes. Seems like they have everything to offer.

And the best part?
The prices are so reasonable!
With that quality one would expect them to charge more but no! You can get tops ranging from $20-30 and bottoms from $40 onwards. That’s the usual price but always be on the lookout for offers. I own two pairs of denim jeans which cost me only $80 for both of them. What a steal man.

So, anyway, I managed to get a chance to interview with Uniqlo sales assistant, Felicia this afternoon.

Me (D): Hi Felicia, may I know how long have you been working at Uniqlo?
Felicia (F): About a month or so. I was hired for this particular outlet actually, so it’s my second day over here (Bugis +) 

D: How do you find this store? It’s supposedly the largest outlet in Singapore, yes?
F: It’s … Good I guess? Yeah. 

D: Hm, what kind of customers do you usually meet at Uniqlo?
F: They mostly come in groups. Large groups of friends. 

D: Alright, do you wear Uniqlo apparel yourself?
F: Yeah I do! I like their jeans and maybe some long sleeved shirts. 

D: Ohhhh yes, I’m wearing a pair of their jeans, in fact! (Showed them to Felicia) 
 

D: Tell me more about the collborations that they have. Which one do you like the most?
F: Uniqlo has many, such as collaborations with Disney, UU, Hello kitty… Disney? 

D: Oh so do you like Hello Kitty then?
F: Eh, no. I like the the Cocacola one. 

D: Ohhhh that’s interesting! Never knew they had that, so is there like a huge Cocacola logo right in the middle of the shirt? (I was pretty excited about this)  
F: Yeah.
D: Ok, could you describe Uniqlo in 3 words?
F: stylish despite being casual.

Interviewed a customer at the outlet too.

 Tiffany, a 19 year old.


D: Hi, is this your first time shopping at this outlet?
T: Yes. 

D: Do you always shop at Uniqlo? How do you find their style?
T: If I see anything nice from Uniqlo then I would buy them. Hmm, like kind of casual? They have many plain shirts. 

D: What kind of clothes do you buy here? Their own brands or collaboration brands?
T: Oh they have collaboration brands?! 

D: Yeah, as in those shirts with cartoon characters, etc
T: I think I’d usually get those basic tees/long sleeves. Their clothes are quite fitting for me. 

D: What collaboration do you look forward to seeing Uniqlo with?
T: Hmmmmm. I don’t know…. Marvel? Hahahah! I like the Avengers!
D: (gets excited because I like Captain America)
That’s all for the short interviews! Didn’t want to disturb the staff further, left them to attend to the crazy crowd. Phew, boy was I glad to get out of everyone’s way.


Better go grab some friends and head down over to Bugis + for some retail therapy! 
Well, let’s just hope you beat that crowd, that is!




Till then,
Dai Qian!

No comments:

Post a Comment