Friday 8 June 2012

Insomnia!!!!

Hi all! Anyone's still awake at this wee hour on a friday morning?

Yes, it's TGIF! But friday is still an official work day, but my body is screwing up. After tossing and turning on my pretty pink bed, my eyes just refuse to shut, my brain just refuses to rest. As much as I'm tired, I just can't get to sleep. This is so frustrating! I'm sure everyone has encounter such situation in their life. So anyhow, I just did a quick google search, and guess what did I find?!

Insomnia?
Insomnia refers to a difficulty in achieving or maintaining normal sleep. There are two basic forms of insomnia. In sleep-onset insomnia a person has a difficult time falling asleep. In sleep-maintenance insomnia a person suffers from frequent or early awakening.

What causes Insomnia?
The most common causes of insomnia are psychological: depression, anxiety, and tension. If psychological factors do not seem to be the cause, various foods, drinks, and medications may be responsible. There are numerous compounds in food and drink (most notably caffeine) that can interfere with normal sleep. There are also over three hundred drugs that interfere with normal sleep.

What dietary factors are important in Insomnia?
Eliminate caffeine. It is essential that the diet be free of natural stimulants such as caffeine and related compounds. Coffee, as well as less obvious caffeine sources such as soft drinks, chocolate, coffee-flavored ice cream, hot cocoa, and tea, must all be eliminated. Even small amounts of caffeine such as those found in decaffeinated coffee or chocolate, may be enough to cause insomnia in some people.



CHOCOLATE!

I finally found the cause! It must be the huge amount of chocolate that I consumed last evening. I was at a private event earlier, and I ate chocolate, drink chocolate, everything was so hocolate-ty.
Now I'm regretting it. I need to sleep desperately! :(


Xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment