Friday 8 June 2012

All but skin deep

Hello there all you lovely readers! 

How’s your week so far? I’m having a great one since it’s the holidays and all.
Speaking of which, let me do a simple introduction here.

This is Dai Qian here and I’m gonna be one of the writers for gossipavenue! Yes and that’s my full name. It seems to be a mouthful but that’s not the point here!

 Anyway, so I stumbled upon this amazing news article that made me think twice about the definition of beauty. What if I told you that this pretty girl here:


 Is the exact same person as the one in the following photo:


 Nope, it wasn’t the magic of photoshop this time round. (We’ll probably talk about that later on) It was nothing but purely Cassandra Bankson’s amazing make-up skills. Wow. I swear I was absolutely blown away upon watching her tutorial videos on YouTube.

Go on, search for her channel: DiamondsAndHeels14 

I’m sure she’d have helpful tips for all of us ladies out there. So I must admit I’m full of respect for her, considering how she overcame her weakness and land herself in a job that most girls would kill to have, no less. Yes! That lady up there is a model! Well done :’) That said, it wasn’t easy, in all honestly, to be having dreadful skin conditions and still be strong enough to face it and deal with it. The 19 year-old was brave enough to reveal her true bare face in front of her 6 million subscribers on YouTube. How many of us would do that? I would have just ran into a closet and hide myself in there for the rest of my pathetic life unless some miracle potion were to be invented to cure acne in a blink of an eye. Okay HAHAH that was some exaggeration on my part but…… you get the drift right? Doesn’t that give us ladies some hope here? I mean, hey! Anyone can look good with make-up now, right? Just a dash of powder here and there, a trail of eyeliner and a pump of lip gloss.

Personally, I don’t use make-up.
Firstly, it’s a chore to remove, costs a pile (those which are better in quality) and ruins complexions. That’s not to say that I’m completely against cosmetics. I know some people like Cassandra do use them not purely for the sake of vanity but they do it out of need. She was forced into making herself look “acceptable” in response to the hurtful words she received. It’s just that the world is such a complete superficial place that everyone is struggling to catch up with each other’s perception of “perfection”. Some people have all the luck. But I believe we were given equal qualities. Some visible while some hidden. Well, if not for society, Cassandra wouldn’t have discovered her abilities and she wouldn’t become what she is today.
So I guess all in all we still have this harsh reality to thank for the brilliance of humanity.

Have a great weekend ahead!

xoxo,
iamgossip.

No comments:

Post a Comment